its time for me to post some photos! this was my second shoot with tom darby, and i could not be happier with them, so feedback is greatly appreciated!! keep in mind, the majority of these photos are not edited.
1. the photo or photoset that gets the majority of feedback i will edit personally.
2. i am thinking of having a mini-contest to see who can best edit one of my photos, thoughts?
i have been slacking far too much my loves, and i truly apologize! however, i plan to keep this diatribe short and sweet,so here are a few bullet points of what to look for/what i’ve been up to!!
1. i took my trip to cocoa beach, and i will pride myself in saying that i’ve done some of my best work down there, so keep an eye out for those photos will be blowing your mind any day now
2. i have been approached by several photographers in the pittsburgh area since my last shoot with tom darby and have had a full schedule since, they will be on their way shortly as well!
3. music has been on top of my priority list as well. i have been working with my vocal coach and spending some q.t. with my 6 string every chance i get (which is still not as often as i’d prefer, but ehh .. i do what i can!)
4. i have been working non-stop unfortunately, so i have not had much time to tumbl, however, i do check everyday .. so keep posting, liking, re-blogging, etc!! i appreciate each and every one of you!
while i remain stressed out of my mind over various odds and ends, i will be leaving for the beautiful cocoa beach, fl in the wee hours of wednesday morning. i am trying everything within my power to remain optimistic about this trip; however, as i so often find, the cards are not in my favor. oh well, ‘laissez les bon temps rouler’ as they say. i always find happiness no matter what the circumstances may be, and despite the hurricane of impending doom looming over my soon to be vacation, I have my camera, and optimism to keep me smiling. as always, thank you for your support, and pictures to follow :)
although i am a nobody in the fast universe of tumblr, i wanted to let my followers know that i appreciate them. also, i am distraught that i cannot figure out why i am without an ‘ask box.’ while this puzzles me, i am sure i will figure it out soon.
lastly, i had a photo shoot in mercer, pa today with tom darby. i had a blast and the photos turned out gorgeous (as always i will post them as promptly as possible!)
my sincerest apologies followers, i haven’t been up to par with my posting as of late. i have been kept extremely busy with the mundane lifestyle of a day job, drama of everyday life, and the wicked dramatic experiences that have managed to take over the small remainder of my free time. however, i have just edited some more photos to share with you all, and have another shoot coming up this wednesday in mercer, pa. i also have a few sets that i personally will be shooting as well coming up so please look forward to those as well. i apologize for leaving you all with such a short missive; however, my bed calls.
well, here it is .. the inevitable, dreaded monday. as we all pile into our three-piece suits, eco-friendly vehicles, and office-friendly ‘fuck me’ pumps; i think its about time we all realize that we’re all the same. the vast majority of us stuck in dead end jobs that we hate, with pay that’s meager, and a boss that .. well .. is lacking in several departments. we all had dreams once, talents that we’ve all possessed .. and for what? to leave them behind for careers that were ‘smart’ choices, for a promotion that will never happen. here’s my daily advise for you all ..
you are not your job
your job does not define you
but plagues you with unneeded stressors
and a lack of free-spirit and time
take a few moments a day, if not simply an hour, and go back to what it was that you once loved. whether it be nostalgia, or a chance to leave the cubicle if only for a second, it is within that second that you are truly free.
i’ll take the life of a starving artist over my desk job any day, and that my friends, it what defines me.
“I admire addicts. In a world where everybody is waiting for some bline, random disaster, or some sudden disease, the addict has the comfort of knowing what will most likely wait for him down the road. He’s taken some control over his ultimate fate, and his addiction keeps the cause of death from being a total surprise.”—Chuck Palahniuk
ahh, alas .. its sunday: the sabbath, the day of rest, the 7th day, and most importantly .. my only day off! while most of you would think i would spend it being photographed, or taking them, accomplishing the many chores and errands that most of you get to do on a daily or at least semi-regular basis, or perhaps going out and enjoying the beautiful weather .. no, no my friends i have done none of those things. i have sat here and done nothing. that’s right, nothing (and between you and me, it felt amazing).
well, that’s not entirely true. my boyfriend is sitting across from me playing counterstrike, or minecraft, or something of the sorts .. as for me? i’ve been looking at fetish photos, porn, and several other socially unsavory things on the internet.
so i guess what i meant to say is, today isn’t a total waste ;)
i would just like to take the time to thank the few people i have following me, it makes me happy to see all the notes i’ve been getting! also, a very special thank you to those reblogging my posts, i’m glad my photos are well received and getting out into the world!
the three most important words in photography, and the last three words to leave the captain’s mouth, and i couldn’t agree more. it has been, by far, the most productive and bonding days in quite some time. we were so in tune with every step today, and every shot was so on point. i could not be happier with the way that the majority of the photos came out, and for the first time in awhile, i feel we actually had fun. i am so happy with the amount of progress that was made today as individuals, as a company, and as artists. while the photo above is not from today’s set, i will be posting more soon, cross my heart. until then ..
well, as it just so happens i have somehow acquired myself a bit of free time this evening. after what appeared to be an absolutely horrible start to everyone’s day, everything is finally beginning to pull together. so let the shooting begin!!
i just spent the better part of an hour typing a very long, profound post about an epiphany i had a little while ago. i then posted it, decided i needed to stop being a prolific, whiny brat .. so i deleted it. oh well, the ‘asshole gene’ wins again. psht, feelings .. who needs em. ;)
above is a photo from my personal collection (cocoa beach, fl - april 2oo8)
as you can already imagine, with three jobs and several thousand side projects, i don’t have much free time to myself. however, in the wee hours of the morning along with my ability to somehow utilize all 24 hours of my day, the captain’s press llc and i have been working non-stop on some new (and huge) projects. everything from a new form of gallery work to the photos found in the posts below. while i am the most exhausted, all of the time, i am very proud of the projects that we have been working on, and hope that you will appreciate them as well. so stay tuned for the fun to come kids, and we appreciate it in advance!
(post script - if anyone has devised a form of time traveler, flux capacitor, or device that would slow time down .. please let me know, it would be greatly appreciated!)
i’m sure after the previous post, there will questions to follow. while i don’t mind making new friends and answering whatever questions you may have, i thought it would benefit us both if i were to let you all in .. never too much, but enough for a taste of more ;)
my name is stephany; however, you may refer to me as hollywood (most everyone does). i live in the wonderful metropolis of pittsburgh, pa where there’s not much that i don’t participate in. i play professional women’s 7 on 7 full contact football with the foxxy ladies in the foxxy football league. i am a wide receiver as well as their assistant marketing director. i work at zen night club as their assistant marketing director as well. i am a photographer, model, legal department, pr department, etc for the captain’s press llc located in the heart of our city (you’ll be hearing much more from us soon). i am an artist, period .. you choose the media and i will make it my own.
now that we’ve covered the shallow small talk, allow me to get serious for just a moment. the following are a list of my pet peeves i’ve collected over years spent in various careers as well as personal experiences. you are given one warning, don’t let me down.
1. yes, i have tattoos and piercings. this does not ever give you permission to touch me, without warning, when i do not know you. this does not mean that you can waste (yes, waste) my time talking about the tramp stamp you want of butterflies, praying hands, or old english script you want because quite frankly, i just don’t give a damn. this does not mean that i do tattoo. i value each and every artist who has paid their dues and makes a living doing so, and one day i hope i may join the ranks, but don’t be a moron .. not every one with tattoos is a tattoo artist!
2. yes, i will paint/draw/photograph/photoshop/etc. something for you (if the price is right). let’s get something straight .. my time is valuable to me, and should be to you as well. do not waste it. i am a published photographer, i have sold paintings, drawings, prints, etc. and i know exactly what my work is worth. if you would like something, ask! i love working off of commission, and often times i work with trades. please do not be dismayed, i am fair, i just do not work for free .. and neither should you!!
3. finally, and most importantly .. please do not take these posts as me being mean, selfish, nor conceited; i am none of these things. as i have mentioned, i have learned a great deal in my life and i am just continuing from my own meandering life lessons. though i may never meet you, i love each and every one of you and the beautiful things you have brought to this world, because whether or not you realize it, you are beautiful in ways we may never understand! we all have our vices and imperfections. i am a lush and over-indulge in most everything, i am rude, honest, and impolite; however, it is my goal in life to make sure everyone around me is feeling my love and always smiling, and i hope this for you as well!
well, i hope you all are growing an interest to my posts .. so follow me please! you’ve only just entered the facade, keep an eye out for the spectacle to come!
above you can find me. an unconventional of sorts, a visual creation of my own imagination. for starters, if i appear shallow, i can assure you .. you couldn’t be more incorrect, in all retrospect, i am nothing of the sort. if you wish to contradict me, i’m game. i hunger to be an obstruction of the mind, i thrust for you to unravel my mind and figure me out. i believe myself to be genuine and would never betray those whom i love. i love to be fascinated by the anomalous, give me your best shot. i have loved, lost, and lived more than most, so if you acquire my knowledge .. ask. every soul should know and have felt these things, so once you have, hold on to them because you never know when they will serve you. i am a fighter .. i am strong, coy, and have overcome many obstacles and continue to fight those who attempt to poison and distinguish me. i crave for the one who will give back exactly what they take, my heart is not a play-thing at your disposal. satisfaction is found solely on my own, and i rely only on myself. do not lust for what you see, love it, drink it in. lust for what you have learned .. but above all, desire what you already know because you can amount to the world!